Monday, April 13, 2009

The Time Has Come...

For me to resume my blogging. I've been keeping up with a blog for screenwriters called The Rouge Wave, and the blogger, Julie, likes to emphasize that "screenwriting is only one kind of writing and that you should develop the muscles and the skills to write for other mediums." So, resuming my blog is my way of working out my writing muscles. I would like to update my blog at least once, if not a few times per week. Please feel free to leave comments.

Everyday life for me consists of waking up to the sound of one or more of the guys preparing breakfast, or having a conversation amongst themselves.  Both Chaz and I sleep on air mattresses in the parlor room which is right next to the living room and kitchen. It bothered me at first that I would be awoken by others' morning activities, but I quickly got over it, and decided that it's best that I wake up earlier with them than sleeping in and wasting the day. The rest of the day involves a good mixture of devos, listening to music, checking email and facebook, reading something (Variety, The Rouge Wave, a book, etc.), playing video games, working out, and looking for work. It's a great life, but doesn't provide much income.

I was working on and off as a production assistant for the reality television show, Wipeout. However, they wrapped up their second season a few weeks ago, so I am out of work with them for now. I am kind of in a tight spot because Greg and I head to JH Ranch on May 23rd to work on the video crew for 3 months, so I can't really commit to any long term work. Hopefully, I find a few short term gigs that will help me make it (financially) to the end of May. The next month and a half is going to be a bit of a busy time for me, so that also makes finding work difficult. Greg and Jake created a short web series a while back, and we start production on it this coming weekend. On top of that, I am about to write my next screenplay. I've been developing it over the past couple months, and Jake's been helping keep me on schedule with it all, and now it's time to start dishing out pages. So, to sum up the plan for the next month or so: script pages during the week, and web series production on the weekend. I'm excited!

Well, that is all for now. Time for one of my favorites activities of the day: Lunch!

Blessings!

No comments: