Friday, May 15, 2009

Life, the Great Adventure

Usually the people who don't have their lives clearly laid out ahead of them wish they could see what's ahead, and the people who do have their lives clearly laid out ahead of them wish they could have the adventure of not knowing. A good friend brought that point up to me in the past week. I've been so worried, and stressed at times over what lies ahead. It's just something we all have a tendency to do at some point in life. Really, we just need to relax. Just sit back and enjoy life. That's not to say, kick back and do nothing. All I'm saying is don't let the circumstances of life bring you down. The good Lord knows our needs, so we do not need to worry about what tomorrow holds. Love it!
I am the type of person who does not have clear direction in life, and the aforementioned statement about those kind of people is true. I do tend to wish I had it clearly laid out ahead of me. But as I sit here and ponder over all of this, I realize that I really am glad that I have no clue what's ahead. It makes it all the more fun. 
Live in the mystery. Find that place where you're content with where you are in life, and just keep on truckin' ahead. Around every bend in the road is a surprise of some sort. Good, or bad, would you have it any other way? I know I wouldn't. There's something to learn from every experience in life. 
So, get out there and live life. Take it all in-- the good, and the bad. Don't look at what someone else is doing, and wish you had their life. Focus on your own road, and don't forget to have some fun along the way ;)
Life is the Great Adventure!

Hooray for speaking to myself. I hope there's something good in here for you guys.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Phil 4:6, dude. Good stuff.